Sunday 17 April 2011

Gibside Farmers Market and Craft Fair 16th April 2010

     It was my first time here and I must say...I WILL BE BACK!! Hubby and I got up (fairly) early and packed up the car, after what seemed like miles and miles of travelling (well about 10 whole minutes) we arrived early as per usual, thanks to my paranoia about being late for anything.

     We found our spot (after being moved about 3 times) and began the set up. Once the cloth was laid (wish I'd ironed it!!) and the bunting carefuly pinned to Health and Safety guidelines I started unpacking. I think it looked pretty but could do with more height, note to self for next time to take some wooden soap molds to use as blocks under my cloth. What do you think?


See the pretty bunting...
The full array before the carnage...

     We were right in between some lovely (and VERY talented) Bakers who made the most splendiferous pies, pasties, scones, cakes, batenberg, yum yum and more yum!!
     I was wishing I had not been so uncharacteristically organised and made a packed lunch!! We were drooling by 12 o'clock. I hit it off with a lovely lady form North Shore Bakery who is based up in Seahouses, check her out at the next few Gibside Markets and don't forget to ask her for "Breadnberg" our new savoury invention for the day consisting of flavoured bread or scone doughs, we thought sundried tomato and pesto for the squares in the middle, red pesto or parma ham for the 'jammy' bit and filo or thin pastry for the 'marzipan' - she'll know who sent you as we were trouble of the highest order - we really should not be let out unacompanied sometimes ;O) This is why I make soap and not baked goods...it would never work.
    We were trying to justify that if you ate, LEMON drizzle cake, PEAR tart, BLUEBERRY muffins, chicken and TARRAGON pie, and APRICOT tart tatin alongside some CHOCOLATE (for the calcium obviously) that this would be your 5 a day + essential minerals = a balanced diet (erm, maybe not, you see I told you I should stick to making soap!!).


 
Ooohhh, close ups!!

    There was such a huge range of goodies on sale I had to go off for a snoop, on my ventures I found...lemon infused rapeseed oil, hot waxed bears, cookie mix in a jar ready to bake, beautiful ceramic coffee filter things that fit over your mug...genius!! iced puffins, sausage pops, and local beer all being sold in the woodland glade - just off the car park in a country estate setting - beautiful.

    It was about this time, I thought I'd better go help the hubby but he was doing a sterling job juggling the punters like a pro. We had a steady stream of lovely customers all day and by the end we were shattered. come 4 o'clock it was time to pack up and offski's. Arriving home we both decided tea was not going to be cooked by ourselves, so a celebratory Cherry Blossom Bubble Bar bath and a chinese takeaway later and we were almost ready for beddy bies.
   We had a lovely day at Gibside and I'm already planning my next dates with them so watch this space for future dates :O)

TTFN peeps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment